McLintock, Alexander Lachlan
Born in 1971, the eldest son of an English-Cypriot and an English-Scot, (both of whom were Londoners) I spent the first ten years of my life in Barnet, North London, England, UK. I spent the next six in Limassol, Cyprus, followed by various periods in Hertfordshire and London for A'Levels, Imperial College, and finally work.
I have been known as:
and now I am:
I also have a dial up internet account with the British internet provider known as Demon Internet Services. This account (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be restored as soon as I buy a modem.
I have a very high opinion of myself, so unless people tell me otherwise I shall think that my PGG articles deserve the Booker Prize. Please do criticize them. Any constructive comments are welcome, e.g. "I don't understand _x" or "y_ is boring." I also have a tendency to talk drivel and write in totally convoluted English.
All articles written by me are Copyright Alex McLintock. They may be copied and distributed for any edition of the Project Galactic Guide. They may not be separated from the Guide or used for any purpose other than as a part of the Project Galactic Guide. (Ask first!)
I own three Acorn computers and wrote the Risc OS specific version of the Guide, for use with !StrongHelp. I have since abandoned that strategy in favour of html files and html browsers (such as those used for World Wide Web access).
I would love to hear suggestions on things in England that people might want to know about. (This excludes the Lake District. Roel would like me to write about it, but I don't know anything).
- Pulse, 101 Uses For The Pink Floyd Album
- Pedestrian Crossings In High Street Kensington, London, England, UK
- Ambient Video
- Personal Stereos
- Hyneline, R. A.
- Playbeing Centrefolds
- Wine Tasting
- Real Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The
- Imperial College Science Fiction Society
- Watford, London, UK, Earth
- Indexing Books
- Cambridge, England, UK, Earth
- Oxford University Speculative Fiction Group (OUSFG)
- Adelphi Hotel, Liverpool, England, UK, Earth
- Grantchester, Near Cambridge, England, UK, Earth
- Unix, Part 1
- FTP, A Boring Article On How To Use
- Unix, Part 2
- Unix, Part 3
- Rocky Horror Picture Show At The Prince Charles Cinema
- Encyclopedia of Science Fiction
- Dietary Bachelorisms
- Netherlands, Earth
- Moon, The
- Soushe Awwl Atissu!
- Legendary Tree People of Brent, The (TM)
- Sad Bastard Test
- Television Addiction
- Space Safe Coke Can
- Writers' Block
- CASIP And AAAAAAA
- Rocks And Electricity
- Sports: Words One Should Know
- Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England, UK, Earth